Jaiswal bowls during a practice session at MIG Cricket Club in 2015. Pic/ Pradeep Dhivar
Mumbai's young off-spinner Ankush Jaiswal, who claimed five wickets (4-64 and 1-30) in his debut Ranji Trophy match against Madhya Pradesh in Indore during the 2015-16 season, but was banned immediately after that encounter due to a suspect bowling action, was cleared by the BCCI on Thursday.
Jaiswal, 25, had undergone bowling arm biomechanical tests at the Sri Ramchandra Arthroscopy and Sports Science Centre in Chennai on July 11.
"We have been informed that Ankush Jaiswal’s bowling action has been cleared and he can bowl again in all matches conducted by the BCCI," MCA vice-president Vinod Deshpande told mid-day. However, left-arm spinner Sidak Singh and left-arm pacer Riddhesh Pawar, who appeared for tests along with Jaiswal, have to wait longer as their results are yet to be declared.
Jaiswal, whose father works as a groundsman at MIG Cricket Club in Bandra East, was happy that his hardwork finally paid off. "I patiently worked on my action during the last one and a half year. Omkar Salvi (Mumbai’s bowling coach) sir worked on my body alignment and he always gave me that confidence that I would be cleared soon," Jaiswal said. He added: "It was quite a testing time for the wily off-spinner during his ban. I went through a lot of frustration during the last year as I was working on my action.
"Everyone was asking me what happened, but I had no answer to give. MCA gave me moral support and in particular Salvi sir. I want to perform and get back in the Mumbai team again."