Amitabh Bachchan to resume shoot after health scare


Amitabh Bachchan in Jodhpur. Pic/PTI
Amitabh Bachchan in Jodhpur. Pic/PTI

Amitabh Bachchan sent his fans into a tizzy when he wrote on Tuesday morning on his blog that a team of doctors was being brought in to Jodhpur to "fiddle around with my body and set me up." Fortunately, the superstar was given the clean chit by his team of doctors and is expected to resume Thugs Of Hindostan shoot today.

A unit hand from the film's set revealed that the team had been shooting some high-octane action sequences over the past few days. "Bachchan shot the climax sequence on Monday night. The shooting went on till wee hours of the morning. He did not complain of any uneasiness then," said the source.

However, the heavy costumes of the Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer reportedly caused pain in his neck and back. The team of doctors, that flew to Rajasthan last morning, apparently advised Bachchan a day's rest. The source added, "It's not a major health scare. We have been told that he will resume the shoot today."

Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje extended her best wishes for his quick recovery. Raje asked officials of the Jodhpur administration to ensure that Bachchan gets timely medical aid and care. Last evening, Jaya Bachchan too assured the superstar's fans that he was fine. She said, "Amitji is fine. He has pain in the back and neck. The costumes are heavy, so there's some pain."

Catch up on all the latest entertainment news and gossip here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates